ENTREPRENEUR & INVESTOR SERVICES
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
ABOUT THE ENTREPRENEUR VISA
The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa category applies to the main applicant and all immediate family members, including spouse and children under the age of 18. It allows the applicant wishing to establish a business to relocate to the UK for an initial period of three years and four months and can then be extended for another two years. If you have a business idea that you would like to develop and bring to the UK, the entrepreneur visa will allow you to explore this idea. The applicant is able to either set up a new business or take over an existing one. Unlike other visa categories the tier 1 entrepreneur visa leads to settlement and, eventually, a British citizenship.
The entrepreneur visa has a number of requirements, the government were concerned that this route was being used by people who were not going to set up genuine businesses in the UK. Therefore, changes have been introduced since 31st January 2013, the changes are listed as follows (For details, please see Home Office website):
The Entry Clearance Officer must be satisfied that:
- the applicant genuinely intends and is able to establish, take over or become a director of one or more businesses in the UK within 6 months;
- the applicant genuinely intends to invest the money into the business/s
- the money is genuinely available to the applicant and will remain available to him/her until it is spent by his/business or businesses.
In deciding if the applicant’s plan for their business is genuine the Entry Clearance Officer will take into account the following factors:
- The evidence the applicant has submitted;
- The credibility and viability of the source of the money;
- The credibility and viability of the applicant’s business plans and market
research into their chosen business sector;
- The applicant’s previous educational and business experience (or lack of it);
- The applicant’s immigration history and previous activity in the UK; and
- Any other relevant information.
WHAT WE CAN DO:
With changes introduced in 2013 and so much at stake, it is important to seek financial advice to understand the options available to you, to ensure the full compliance with relevant regulations and your case is effectively represented to the authorities.
At Salford Chartered Accountants we see ourselves as a business partner to our clients, ready to give sound advice when required or simply to remove the burden of compliance work. The services we provide:
- Accountant letters
- Advice on business options
- Assessing your business ideas against the Entrepreneur visa rules and regulations
- Business Plan formation according to your education, experience or skills;
- Company formation;
- Registration with HMRC for PAYE, VAT, Etc
- Assistance in opening a bank account
- Assistance in Business Premises search or searching and purchasing an existing business
- advise on current tax legislation, prepare and submit annual account and tax returns
- Complementary business consultation
Most importantly, we strive to produce clear, detailed and transparent financial evidence in support of your case to give your application the highest chance of approval. Our relationship does not stop once you have visa approval, we will continue to support your business. Whatever the scale of our involvement, you can be assured of quality services we provide at a competitive rate.
For more information and advice on Tier 1 visa applications please contact us on 0161-278-2714 . If you look for advice on Tier 1 Investor applications, please click here.
Tier 1 Investor
ABOUT THE INVESTOR VISA
From 2011 foreign investors have been given extra incentives to come to the UK. They can settle quicker if they invest large sums of money and will be able to spend longer periods outside the UK without losing their eligibility for settlement. A Tier 1 investor visa is for high net worth individuals making a minimum of £ 2,000,000 in the UK economy for residency and/or citizenship. In return they are allowed an initial 3 years and 4 month residency with the possibility of extension if they meet certain criteria. There are also options available for £5m and £10m, each with progressively shorter investment terms. If the conditions set out by the UK Home Office are met, there are relatively few requirements set out for applicants: there is no English language or maintenance requirement.
Applicants must have a UK regulated investment bank account before making their initial application – our business department is able to assist in opening such an account;
- The minimum age of applicants in this category is 18;
- Invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
WHAT WE OFFER
Today’s business and financial environment is fast-moving, competitive and complicated. At Salford Chartered Accountants, we aim to remove our client’s burden of checking compliance with the relevant regulations and authorities. Business owners and individuals alike need the support of professionals who can provide timely, reliable, effective and hassle-free solutions to meet their requirements. We aim to be a trusted partner for people starting a new life in the UK and we believe we can offer such a service. For more information and advice on Tier 1 visa applications please contact us on 0161-278-2714.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
09:00 - 17:30
2 LISSADEL STREET
Salford Chartered Accountants are a long established local firm of accountants who pride ourselves in saving our clients tax by our expertise, knowledge and hard work.
We are members of the Association of Chartered Accountants and by our qualifications, experience and ongoing development we will ensure you and your company are kept up to date with all new tax legislation and statutory requirements. Our ethos is simple, we strive to be experts at saving tax and will continue to do so for our clients year by year. We will ensure the following 7 factors at all times.
Please fill in the boxes below to arrange a free 1 hour consultation without any obligation